Here are Three FREE tools to get insights on your website.
GTmetrix is a tool to test your web pages’ performance quickly. It reveals why a site is slow, and you can discover optimization opportunities. You can test page on a schedule and keep track of how it’s doing.
You can also test your page in different countries, browsers, connection speeds and more. GTMetrix breaks down your page performance in a summarized report.
You can click the link here and type in a URL and check out your website.
PINGDOM (Uptime and Website Speed)
Pingdom offers free (& paid but cost-effective) reliable uptime and performance monitoring for your website. The test is designed to help make the site faster by identifying what about a webpage is fast, slow, too big, etc.
They have tried to make it useful both for experts and novices alike. In short, Pingdom is an easy-to-use tool built to help web admins and web developers optimize their website performance.
Check out PINGDOM HERE
The Wayback Machine is an initiative of the Internet Archive, building a digital library of Internet sites and other cultural artefacts in digital form.
If you want to check how your website (or your competitive website) looks way back, you can check it out with this website.
Visit Wayback Engine here.
Bonus: Google Search console.
Google Search Console is a free service offered by Google that helps you monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot your site’s presence in Google Search results.
You can receive alerts when Google encounters indexing, spam, or other issues on your site. It shows you which sites link to your website.
Search Console offers tools and reports for the following actions:
- Confirm that Google can find and crawl your site.
- Fix indexing problems and request re-indexing of new or updated content.
- View Google Search traffic data for your site: how often your site appears in Google Search, which search queries show your site, how often searchers click through for those queries, and more.
- Receive alerts when Google encounters indexing, spam, or other issues on your site.
- Show you which sites link to your website.
- Troubleshoot issues for AMP, mobile usability, and other Search features.
Log into Google Search Console here.
Until we connect again, with another DIY marketing blog…